on August 18, 2015
Discreet miniature lavalier microphone that provides full, clear sound comparable to that of larger mics.
The SM93 is an economical omnidirectional miniature lavalier condenser microphone designed for use in speech applications. Despite its small size, the microphone element provides full, clear sound comparable to that of much larger microphones. Its frequency response is tailored to body-worn applications, with low-end rolloff and presence rise.
The SM93 is powered by phantom power supplied by broadcast, sound reinforcement or recording equipment, or an external phantom supply. The SM93 operates over an extremely wide voltage range of 11 to 52 Vdc, covering both DIN and IEC phantom power standards.
For use with a Shure wireless body-pack transmitter, see the WL93.
The SM93 is supplied with a sew-on mounting bracket, a mounting block with attached tie bar, and an acoustic windscreen to minimize wind noise in outdoor applications. It is also supplied with a dual mounting block with attached tie bar.
- Subminiature lavalier design; ideal size for theater, television broadcasting, video, film, and sound reinforcement
- Small, inconspicuous mounting hardware
- Full, clear sound comparable to larger microphones
- Smooth extended frequency response with presence rise specially tailored for chest-worn microphone operation
- Controlled low-frequency rolloff reduces low-frequency clothing and room noise
- Low distortion, wide dynamic range
- Versatile mounting accessories allow a variety of low-visibility applications
- Preamplifier assembly can be pocketed, strapped to the body, or clipped to belt or waistband
- Omnidirectional condenser
- Frequency response: 80 to 20,000 Hz