on September 6, 2015
32x8 Modular Stage Unit
The S-4000S-3208 is a component of the S-4000 Digital Snake System. It has 32 inputs, 8 outputs and redundant Ethernet connectors. It is typically used on the stage providing 32 mic/line inputs and 8 outputs or returns. Each channel has remotely switchable Phantom Power as well as a 20 dB pad. The professional quality XR-1 mic preamps are remotely controllable in zipperless 1dB steps using the S-4000R Remote Controller or a Mac or PC using the free RSS-RCS software. The preamps have been designed for live sound applications and provide superb audio quality with 28 dB of headroom.
The redundant Ethernet connectors are rugged Neutrik Ethercon connectors configured as Main and Backup. In case the Main cable is compromised, the system will automatically and seamlessly switch to the Backup cable and light an Indicator LED. In addition to redundant Ethernet connectors and an optional redundant power supply, the unit has a covered power switch to prevent accidental power loss as well as a power cable security bracket. The S-4000S-3208 is rack mountable and provides flush or recessed mounting positions so that a cover can be placed on its rack case while connectors are still in place.
- 32 Mic/Line Inputs and 8 +4 Line Level Outputs provide professional quality source and return audio
- Source audio can be split to many locations using a standard Ethernet gigabit Switch
- High quality XR-1 mic preamps provide superb sound with lots of headroom
- Zipperless remote control of preamp levels available using S-4000R from stage or FOH positions
- Mic preamps on stage and digital audio transmission system eliminate the loss of high frequencies and intelligibility found in analog cabling
- Mic/Line level eliminates need for direct boxes on stage
- Redundant Ethernet ports with rugged Neutrik Ethercon connectors offer seamless switching to backup cable with no loss of audio
- Optional S-240P power supply switches automatically with no loss of audio in case of power supply interruption
- Modular design allows Input and Output modules to be changed for different system configurations
- The S-4000S-3208 offers superb remotely controllable mic preamps along with Ethernet and optional power supply redundancy for a high quality, secure system.
In an analog system, low-level microphone signals are boosted using a mic preamp only after the long, arduous journey down the analog snake. For this reason it’s difficult to avoid degradation and cross talk. The S-4000S-3208 is equipped with high quality and remote controllable XR-1 pre-amps that boost the input gain right at the microphone, where the highest quality signal is found. This ensures that your audio will sound its best. And of course once the signal is in digital form, it is immune to analog cabling losses. The XR-1 pre-amp has been specially designed for live audio applications and is made of high quality components carefully selected by Roland’s engineers.