The VP83 shotgun microphone works with DSLR cameras and HD camcorders, capturing detailed, high-definition audio with full low-end response.
- Shotgun microphone for mounting on a DSLR camera or HD camcorder
- Electret condenser cartridge with supercardioid / lobar polar pattern
- Integrated shock mounting system that provides robust isolation from unwanted noise
- Includes VP83, battery, integrated cable, shoe mount, windscreen, and user guide
The ultra-compact VP83 LensHopper™ is an all-in-one solution for capturing detailed, high-definition audio with full low-end response for professional results every time. For use with DSLR cameras and HD camcorders, the VP83 features a rugged build and true-to-life audio quality, expertly combining form and function. Its easily accessible controls enable quick adjustments for different recording environments.
Exceptional Audio Performance with User-Friendly Controls
Durable and Lightweight
- High sensitivity and low self-noise with wide frequency range for natural audio reproduction
- Highly directional supercardioid / lobar polar pattern that rejects unwanted off-axis audio while clearly capturing the intended sound source
- Superior RF immunity that avoids unwanted audio artifacts from cellular and RF devices
- Easily accessible controls at the back of the microphone:
- Three-position gain (-10 dB pad, 0, +20 dB boost) to compensate for different recording environments
- Low-cut filter to eliminate background noise and room ambience
- Integrated Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting system that provides robust isolation from vibration and mechanical noise (exclusively developed with Rycote for the VP83)
- Durable, all-metal construction that meets legendary Shure quality standards in an ultra-lightweight design